- Drove around a LOT. Well, I didn't drive, but I sat in the car while my friends drove on the other side of the road. NZ has GREAT driving scenery - driving was an adventure and treat in itself. Unfortunately, I started the trip still pretty sleep deprived so I missed some great scenery because I was asleep on our drives. In my defense, I had really bad allergies the first day so I took a Benadryl and couldn't hold my head up for six hours, but other times, I was just sleepy.
- Went caving and saw glowworms. Again, great scenery.
- Kayaked Milford Sound - this was by far my favorite thing to do!
- Hiked Franz Josef glacier. Super cold, but so worth it.
- Sailed in Akaroa Harbour. Saw a lot of dolphins up close!
Saturday, December 18, 2010
The home stretch!!
Again, sorry for being a bad updater but I blame actually bad internet (or internet that is not free, anyway). Right now, I'm in Christchurch, which is a big city on the east coast of New Zealand's south island and in a couple of hours, I'll be boarding a plane to Sydney for about 3 days before heading home. My program officially ended about a week ago, and I've been traveling around with friends and alone for the past week. I visited Melbourne for two days and I've been in NZ (south island only) for the past 5 days. Things I did in NZ:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment