Tuesday, November 23, 2010

So much to say, so little time!

Hello loyal blog readers,

Sorry for being the worst updater in the world. As much as I'd like to blame bad internet access, I have been surrounded by fast wireless internet for the past two days and have only now gotten to blogging, and I'm just giving a short update and a promise for more substantial blogs. We have settled down in Brisbane for the last leg of our trip, which is both good and bad -- good in that we finally get to rest, have internet, and have some alone time in our dorm SINGLES (I realized that I haven't really had my own room since high school, so this is really nice), but bad in that the really exciting stuff is over and REALLY bad in the sense that our trip is over in less than 3 weeks! Where the heck did all that time go?

That's not to say we have nothing to look forward to - we're cooking Thanksgiving dinner for ourselves (we get the 4-day weekend even though Australia doesn't celebrate), doing some last-minute sight-seeing in Brisbane, and having a farewell dinner.

Until those things, though, we have a ton of work to finish up here. Our current days are full of lectures and seminars from 9-5, and nighttime is left for studying and readings (our first and only readings of the quarter!), which is why I've been bad about updating. But! Fear not! I will soon get around to the BEST week I had in Sydney. Highlights:
  • Manly Beach
  • Blue Mountains
  • Sydney Symphony at the Sydney Opera House
  • Harry Potter 7 at midnight with 44 other people in my program
  • Bing dinner at Sydney Harbour and a play in the Opera House
  • Climbing the Harbour Bridge
  • AMAZING food
  • PICTURES!! (Although if you have Facebook, I've posted all of my pictures there. In my posts here, I'll include pictures from other people's as well, since some people had really good photos.)
Sydney might just be my new favorite place in the world, so my blog posts will do them justice by being super long, so get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment